1/1 Photo of Easy Smothered Beef/Moose/Venison
4 hrs 15 mins
This is an easy way to cook a less tender or wild cut of meat... and makes its own gravy. Great for a family dinner or may be easily increased if putting on a meal for large groups of 50-100.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dredge roast in flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Heat dutch oven or other large covered baking dish.
- 3On the stovetop, brown roast in margarine.
- 4Add water enough to cover roast.
- 5Sprinkle with onion soup mix and onion slices.
- 6Place in 350 F oven for 3 1/2 hour covered or follow crock pot instructions for roast of this size.
- 7Serve w/ baked potatoes and green peas.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Smothered Beef/Moose/Venison
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.6
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 420.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 22.2 g