Recipe by Tisy Adams
This is great on a cold winter night. Great comfort food.
Top Review by windhorse23
This was good. IT made the house smell fantastic. But the amount of broth was a bit too much. I would suggest about 2/3 of can. I would also like more crushed red pepper, but that is a personal taste. Nice recipe. Thanks Tisy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven or heavy pot, cook sausage in oil until brown on all sides.
- Remove sausage.
- Cook garlic, celery, and onion with thyme and rosemary in the same oil until tender.
- Add broth, crushed red pepper and sausage.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add beans and brown sugar and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.