Recipe by quixoposto
What to do with leftover smoked salmon? This turns a small amount into a meal for 4. Or slice the quiche small for brunch, a first course or appetizers
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, skin removed
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute mushrooms.
- Break salmon into small pieces. Place evenly over bottom of pie crust. Top salmon with cheese and mushrooms.
- Blend cream, eggs, browned.salt, hot sauce, and nutmeg. Pour this mixture over the cheese, making sure all cheese is moist.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until quiche is puffed and browned.