Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
These are so good and healthy and costs $3-4 for 8 servings!
Make and share this Easy Smoke-Flavored Pinto Beans recipe from Food.com.
- You will find a package of smoked turkey neck bones in the freezer section for about $2-3.
- Soak pinto beans overnight. Drain and rinse again.
- Pour drained beans into a 4-5 quart pot
- Add smoked turkey neck bones (or 2 smoked ham hocks)
- Cover with water that is 1-1/2 to 2 inches over the beans and neck bones bones or hocks.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for about 5 hours until the beans are tender and the water is a kind of gravy.
- Check every hour or so to make sure that the water level is at least 1 inch higher than the beans.
- Remove from heat and remove neck bones or hocks.
- Serve with bread or rolls to dip into the gravy water.
- NOTE: This does very well cooking all day in a crock pot set on low in the morning.
- And the beans only taste better the next day and the next and the next.