5 hrs 10 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
These are so good and healthy and costs $3-4 for 8 servings!
My Private Note
- 1You will find a package of smoked turkey neck bones in the freezer section for about $2-3.
- 2Soak pinto beans overnight. Drain and rinse again.
- 3Pour drained beans into a 4-5 quart pot
- 4Add smoked turkey neck bones (or 2 smoked ham hocks)
- 5Cover with water that is 1-1/2 to 2 inches over the beans and neck bones bones or hocks.
- 6Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and cover.
- 7Cook for about 5 hours until the beans are tender and the water is a kind of gravy.
- 8Check every hour or so to make sure that the water level is at least 1 inch higher than the beans.
- 9Remove from heat and remove neck bones or hocks.
- 10Serve with bread or rolls to dip into the gravy water.
- 11NOTE: This does very well cooking all day in a crock pot set on low in the morning.
- 12And the beans only taste better the next day and the next and the next.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Smoke-Flavored Pinto Beans
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 112.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 35.0 g