Recipe by carrie sheridan
These are so good and healthy and costs $3-4 for 8 servings!
Top Review by Tiffany J.
you can also soak your beans during the day while you're cleaning whatever you choose to do that day and your cooking process won't take that long and you still end up with delicious smoked turkey beans
Directions See How It's Made
- You will find a package of smoked turkey neck bones in the freezer section for about $2-3.
- Soak pinto beans overnight. Drain and rinse again.
- Pour drained beans into a 4-5 quart pot
- Add smoked turkey neck bones (or 2 smoked ham hocks)
- Cover with water that is 1-1/2 to 2 inches over the beans and neck bones bones or hocks.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for about 5 hours until the beans are tender and the water is a kind of gravy.
- Check every hour or so to make sure that the water level is at least 1 inch higher than the beans.
- Remove from heat and remove neck bones or hocks.
- Serve with bread or rolls to dip into the gravy water.
- NOTE: This does very well cooking all day in a crock pot set on low in the morning.
- And the beans only taste better the next day and the next and the next.