Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a basic mashed potato recipe that has a lot of flavor!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. In a large pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat, covered. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the potatoes are tender. 30-45 minutes.
- Drain and return the pot to the stove, and over low heat, melt the butter. Return the potatoes to the pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well, and mash until smooth.
Great mashed potato recipe, although I used red bliss potatoes and I also opted not to peel them as the skins aren't as hard as the Russet variety. I used them as a side dish to... Oops, just remembered this is for Veg 'N Swap tag. Antway, we had a very yummy dinner! Thanks VC98!
Very easy to make and delicious. I used freshly shaved parmesan, and it just made these perfect. Made for Holiday tag.
It was finally a colder day here in Florida so I was craving a down home comfort meal. These mashed potatoes along with roasted chicken, gravy and corn hit the spot!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and added the seasoning to the gravy, but otherwise, made as written. Great tasting taters!!! Made for your win in the Cooking Games Forum "Twelve Days Surprise Event".