Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got this recipe from a co-worker who made it for a luncheon we were having at work one day. The meat comes out very moist and very flavorful.
- 907.18-1360.77 g beef roast, any kind
- 118.29 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 35.43 g onion soup mix
- Place roast in crockpot.
- In bowl, mix together the sauces and the soup mix.
- Pour sauce mixture over roast.
- Add enough water to crockpot so that it reaches about three-fourths of the way up to the roast.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred beef and serve on sandwich buns.
This is a wonderful way to prepare beef for sandwiches. I used 1/4 cup of a reduced sodium soy sauce and added 1/4 cup of water. The onion soup mix was Onion Seasoning Mix. I took Bev's suggestion and served this with Radish Coleslaw Salad, an assortment of pickles, olives and onions. Great weeknight or to go meal.
Meat was very flavorful. I don't think I added enough liquid, as the meat was a tad dry, but that's no fault of the recipe. Very simple and tasty.
Awesome! Needed a recipe to use up left over beef from kabobs a couple of days ago. So I thinly pre-sliced my leftovers, adjusted the amount of soy and worcestershire and YUMMO. I also added sliced mushrooms, onions and red and green peppers in the last hour of cooking. Thanks for an awesome recipe Lainey!