Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very easy soup
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 3 -4 cups thinly sliced leeks (3-4 leeks)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (canned, bouillon, or base)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredient and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Add evaporated milk and cheese if used, in the last 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Save some potatoes and mash the rest of them with a potato masher or handheld blender to thicken, or puree for a smooth consistency, adding additional milk or broth if necessary.
This soup was truly easy to make but we found it to be a little bland. After adding some crushed garlic, caraway and fennel seeds and topped it with chives, it was outstanding. This recipe is easy adapted to personal preferences, the possibilities are endless. Made and reviewed for PAC spring 2012.