Recipe by Chef Shantal
A family favorite, made with either store-bought frozen meatballs or homemade frozen meatballs. Penne can replace the egg noodles, best served with steamed broccoli.
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth, with lower sodium
- 500 g of frozen cooked meatballs
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 cups egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meatballs, sliced onion, garlic and mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Beat cream cheese, soup and beef broth and black pepper with a whick until well blended. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on High 4 to 6 hours, or on Low 8 to 10 hours.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, about 20 minutes before meatballs are done. Add 1 cup of sour cream to meatball mixture, mix well.
- Drain pasta, serve with meatball mixture.