Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a easy 5 ingredient recipe that tastes like a million. Great served on a crusty roll, toasted with garlic butter and provolone cheese.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 2⁄3 ounces Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) jarof mild giardiniera
- Place all ingredients in order of listing in slow cooker, and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove breast meat from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded meat back to slow cooler to reheat in warm liquid. Serve on italian bread or rolls.
Yum!! Big hit with my husband and boys. I stuck to the recipe exactly...even down to toasting the buns with garlic butter and melting provolone. This will definitely be on the rotation from now on!!! Thanks, Cheryl B, for a great recipe :)
I halved this recipe and replaced the Giardiniera with an Italian Olive Salad - similar, but with lots of olives. It was yummy and made a delicious sandwich as suggested - on buns (I chose not to toast) with a slice of provolone melted on top. Will make again!