Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy crock pot recipe!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onions, garlic and pepper. Sauté until onion is golden brown. Drain meat mixture and put in crock pot set to low.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup, tomato sauce, bouillon cubes and paprika. Simmer on low setting for about 3 hours.
- Cook pasta and add to cooked sauce. Serve with vegetables and garlic bread!
My wife and I wanted beef stroganoff but since we have a newborn it needed to be easy and simple to make. we saw this recicpe but I was sure I could make it work even though we didnt have all the exact ingredients. I modified the recipe as follows: While browning the meat I used a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic. We love garlic so is wasn't an issue for us. When adding the meat to the slow cooker with the other ingredients I made even more changes. I used a whole 14oz can of Progresso cream of mushroom soup and a whole 8oz can of Hunts tomato sauce since it is what I had on hand and didn't want small quantities of left overs. I was missing beef bullion cubes but had a packet of Lawry's Au Jus seasoning so I used the au jus instead. After doing all that I didnt feel there was enough mushroom for our liking so I saut?ed some fresh baby Bella mushrooms to add to the crock pot. This was then cooked per directions and right before we were ready to eat I boiled up some egg noodles. The resulting meal was incredible and the flavors were amazing. Hope this helps someone build a great dinner. We will be making this again.
4-star rating for simplicity. I used a whole 8-oz can of tomato sauce (versus recipe calling for 4-oz can? do they sell 4-oz?). A wee bit salty, so I would recommend only using 3 boullion cubes. We put together w/ egg noodles.
Errrr...what can I say... I wasted organic chopmeat!
But my McDonalds was YUMMY!