Recipe by Denise!
With football season just around the corner - are you ready for some football recipes? This is one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten and it's perfect for game day. Place the roast in the crockpot very early Sunday morning and you've got sandwiches for the evening game. From Robyn Bloomquist at Allrecipes.com
- 4 lbs rump roast
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer (or bottle)
- 6 French rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer.
- Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Split French rolls, and spread with butter.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls.
- Serve the sauce for dipping.