With football season just around the corner - are you ready for some football recipes? This is one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten and it's perfect for game day. Place the roast in the crockpot very early Sunday morning and you've got sandwiches for the evening game. From Robyn Bloomquist at Allrecipes.com
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer.
- Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Split French rolls, and spread with butter.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls.
- Serve the sauce for dipping.
I enjoyed this, but the beer taste was too overwhelming for me. Next time I think I will only use half a bottle.
This recipe was easy & delicious. The whole family loved it. I made it for sunday football. No leftovers!!
LOVE this recipe! I usually add a can of beef consomme, as well as sliced onions, minced garlic & bell peppers. Sometimes I add mushrooms, also. I wouldn't cut out the butter on the rolls... that's one of those little things that gives this sandwich an AWESOME taste. After toasting the rolls with butter, then adding the beef & veggies, I put provolone on top and put it under the broiler until the cheese is nice and bubbly. YUM!