Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe serves 4 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 4 only.
- 1 fresh whole frying chicken, rinsed, giblets removed
- 8 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Place chicken, carrots, and potatoes in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over.
- Cover and cook on high about 5 hours or on low about 9 hours, until chicken leg and thigh come off easily when pulled.