Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An easy dinner to throw in the slow cooker. We prefer to brown the bratwurst before adding them to the slow cooker. Serve with a hearty rye bread.
- 48 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 48 ounces cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix, Colorful Coleslaw blend
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 bratwursts
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- pepper, freshly ground, and to taste
- If you prefer, brown sausages on the cook top first.
- Add everything to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 6 hours.
I really didn't like the combination of flavors in this dish.