Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Melt in your mouth brisket
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 4 -5 smashed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat Oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place brisket in ovenproof, heavy lidded dutch oven.
- Pour beer on top.
- Put all the other ingredients on top. Make sure brisket is completely covered - you can add a little beef broth if necc.
- Place covered dutch oven into 250 degree F.
- oven and let cook all day ( 8-10+ hours ).
- Remove brisket from pan.
- Let brisket stand at least 30 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Pour some sauce.
- ( be careful not to overdo the sauce) over the top of the sliced brisket.
- Serve at once.