Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
My boss gave me this recipe and it is the only one I use for Sloppy Joe's. I always double it because it goes really fast!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Simmer onions, celery and ground beef in skillet until brown. Drain well. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Serve with your favorite Hamburger bun.
Great sloppy joes! Not too sweet but not as acidic as when I use tomato sauce rather than ketchup. My 5yr DS had 1 1/2 sandwiches so this is a keeper! Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Really a nice sloppy joe recipe. I liked the addition of the celery which I have never used before in joes. The family devoured these. made for Spring PAC, 2010.