Recipe by CarrolJ
Almost every Sloppy Joe recipe or premade sauce has green peppers as a ingredient. My grown DS detests green peppers and won't touch anything with it in it. I created this flavorful recipe with him in mind. But I think that even those folks who like green peppers would like this version.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 stalks celery (chopped fine)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (undiluted)
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (whatever is your favorite brand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the first 7 ingredients in a large skillet until the meat is done, the vegetables are tender and most of the water is absorbed.
- Add the undiluted soup, the BBQ sauce,and the MSG.
- Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve on hamburger buns.