Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is an easy-to-make, kid-pleasing recipe from my own childhood.
- 1 (8 count) package hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili
- 1 (8 count) package hot dog buns
- Combine cut-up pieces of hot dogs and chili in a sauce pan and heat through.
- Split open and toast or warm hot dog buns.
- Pour chili over buns, open-face-sandwich style.
- Top with your favorite hot dog toppings and condiments.
Super simple and quick lunch. I added a little chopped onion and Mexi cheese blend on top. Thanks for sharing this nice recipe.
Great easy recipe for a hot summer day. I grilled the hot dogs before slicing them. I ony used 6 hot dogs in the chili and that was plenty for us. Served on toasted whole wheat buns with toppings of fat free cheddar and chopped onion.