Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and tasty, Sort of like Hamburger Helper, with pantry ingredients, no preservatives! Yum!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed & minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 10 Inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, drain off fat.
- Stir in Tomato Sauce, water, garlic, basil, oregano, and noodles.
- Heat to boiling, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl mix together cheese, egg, parsley, and pepper.
- Spoon cheese topping in 5 mounds around the edge of the skillet and one in the center.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer!
Very tasty dish. My whole family loved it. I will be making this recipe again using another type of noodle. Great Recipe!!