Recipe by keebler99
Threw this together last night for dinner and everyone loved it!! Super quick and basically fool-proof! Way to easy to taste this good :)
Top Review by Pinay0618
This was pretty darn good for such a quick and easy meal! I added some onion and browned it with the sausage before adding anything else. This will be a regular go-to recipe when I'm short on time!
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch think coins (I used Johnsonville jalapeno cheese)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 2 tablespoons onion salt or 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 -4 teaspoon creole seasoning (to taste)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tails removed
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Over medium heat mix first 6 ingredients and bring to a good simmer (about 10min).
- 2. Add in bell pepper and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is done (turns pink and just starts to curl).
- *Note* you can add the bell pepper in sooner if you like them cooked to a softer texture, we like ours still crunchy so I waited until I put the shrimp in to add it.