1/2 Photos of Easy Skillet Hamburger and Macaroni Dinner
I don't know the origin of this recipe, but I've been making it for years, and it was always a family favorite. You can use as much, or as little, cheese as you like and any combination of cheese that suits you. I usually put parmesan down as my first layer, top that with shredded cheddar and then top that with some shredded mozzerella. (I like cheese). I have always used 1 1/2 cups of the dried elbows, 'cause I like my dish a little thicker. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 -6 ounces shredded cheese, or
- 4 -6 ounces shredded cheese, combination
- parmesan cheese, cheddar, mozzerella, etc
- 1Saute ground beef in 12" skillet, until browned, drain most of grease.
- 2Add onions and (peppers, if using ) cook 2 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes,with their liquid (break up tomatoes with fork or clean hands) and, corn with it's liquid and macaroni.
- 4Heat to boiling and then reduce heat to medium/low.
- 5Cover skillet and cook 20-30 minutes until macaroni is tender. (may need to stir occassionally).
- 6Stir in chili powder and garlic salt, blend well.
- 7Top with cheese, or cheeses, heat covered for about 5 minutes, or until.
- 8cheese is melted.
- 9Note: May use garlic powder instead of garlic salt, and then just add salt to taste. If dish seems a little dry as it cooks, may add additional water.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Skillet Hamburger and Macaroni Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.8
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 354.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g