Easy Skillet Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Cook the bacon in large skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan with the bacon grease. Add the cabbage, stirring well to coat the cabbage in fat.
- Add about 1/3 cup water, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cover pan with a lid, and cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the bacon into small pieces and cut the thinly sliced deli corned beef into strips.
- Remove the lid from the pot, and scatter corned beef and chopped bacon over top of the cabbage. Cover and cook until desired doneness.
- I personally like a little bit of crunch left to the cabbage.
- You can serve this with your favorite mashed, baked or boiled potatoes as a side dish. I like to served steamed carrots with this too.