Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a Campbells Soup add in one of those 'family' magazines years ago. I lost the recipe, but have made it so many times, that I'm posting it here from memory, for safe-keeping. I haven't been able to find this recipe anywhere, including the Campbell's web site, so I'm hoping that my memory serves me well. I cut the green bell pepper into 1/2 inch dice, because it makes a prettier presentation. Enjoy.
- In a large skillet, melt butter on med-low, and saute onion, green bell pepper and drained mushrooms, for 2 minutes, . (do not let butter burn).
- Add chicken cubes, and saute until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add 2 cans of soup, and dilute with 1/2-1 can of milk, until mixture is a thick gravy consistancy.
- Pour soup into saute pan with chicken and veggies, and stir.
- Add garlic powder, sherry, stir and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese,stir until melted.
- Serve over cooked thin spaghetti, or egg noodles.
- Note: The amount of chicken you use, depends on the size of the breasts.
- Sherry, garlic powder and parmesan cheese amounts, can be added to taste.