Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Dinner in under an hour- great for busy weeknight cooks!
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Saute chopped onion and green pepper in butter.
- Add salt, vinegar, water, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, paprika and brown sugar.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Flour the chicken and brown in a large skillet.
- Pour sauce over chicken and simmer another 1/2 hr or until chicken is done.
This was a very tasty dish. Relatively easy to make. Next time I will cook the chicken first then start the sauce. The only change I made was I used approx 1-2 teaspoon of brownsugar instead of tablespoons.
This dish was fine, but I don't think that I will make it again. The vinegar flavor was way too strong, so I added additional brown sugar, but it wasn't enough. Also, I suspected that simmering the breasts in the sauce for 30 minutes would dry it out and I was right. It's just way too long for white meat.
Very easy to make. I even gave the baby a bath while this simmered. Tastes like something you would buy at a restaurant. My husband liked that it had a lot of flavor and not a boring meal. Since I onyl used 2 chicken breasts I had a lot of left over sauce so next time I will put more vegetables in to to make it more like a one dish dinner. VERY GOOD!!