Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recommendation from my Grandmother!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- Brown beef in a large, deep pot with onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worchestershire sauce.
- Cook macaroni separately according to package directions.
- When beef is cooked add tomato paste and prepared macaroni.
- Mix throughly.
- Cook over low heat until thickened. Add grated cheese on top, if desired. Cover and set aside for 5 mins before serving.
I've been making this for years. Sometimes I throw in a can of mixed vegetables or corn that has been drained. It seems men and kids really like this dish. Thanks for posting.
This was a great, quick, kid friendly meal. I think next time I'll add tomatoes in place of tomato paste.
I was working on cleaning out the pantry, before I bought more groceries and came across this recipe. I had all these ingrediants on hand! My kids both loved it, and I like how simple it is to throw together! Will be a definite keeper in our house!