Recipe by mhoward612
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is my go-to breakfast on Saturday mornings. Plenty of protein and energy to keep you full until dinner! This recipe was inspired by my Dad's home-made hash browns. Half of the morning was spent cutting the fresh potatoes, so using Simply Potatoes greatly decreases the time without cutting flavor!
- 4 cups Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped kale leaves, removed from stems
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add diced red pepper and Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns to pan. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped kale and cover with lid for about 2 minutes, until kale becomes soft, remove lid and stir.
- Pour beaten egg whites over ingredients, cover with lid for about 3 minutes, remove lid and stir. Cook uncovered until eggs bind with potatoes, about 3 more minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Spread cheese over top and let melt, about 2 minutes. Serve hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.