Recipe by blucoat
I found this recipe online while looking for a fresh, healthy, and fast way to prepare fish. If you prefer, you can bake the fillets in tinfoil packets with some little sauce on each one in the oven at 425*F for about 12 minutes
Top Review by Trebek
Incredible! I used garlic powder and ginger powder but the result was the same. I did add some cayenne because I like spicy food, then squirted a little lime in it before serving. I was never much of a trout fan until I tryed this recipe.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless rainbow trout fillets
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub trout fillets with soy sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and green onions; cook and stir until golden brown. Add trout fillets and cook until browned and crispy, about 3 minutes. Turn fillets over, and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes more.