Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe online while looking for a fresh, healthy, and fast way to prepare fish. If you prefer, you can bake the fillets in tinfoil packets with some little sauce on each one in the oven at 425*F for about 12 minutes
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless rainbow trout fillets
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Rub trout fillets with soy sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and green onions; cook and stir until golden brown. Add trout fillets and cook until browned and crispy, about 3 minutes. Turn fillets over, and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes more.
Incredible! I used garlic powder and ginger powder but the result was the same. I did add some cayenne because I like spicy food, then squirted a little lime in it before serving. I was never much of a trout fan until I tryed this recipe.
This is fantastic, and as someone who doesn't even like fish, that is saying a lot. Very flavourful and not at all fishy tasting
I have recently discovered that I love trout, and this is quite delicious (and simple)! I had some problems with the fish breaking apart when I flipped it - but maybe that's just my technique :) I will try the oven/packet method next time.