sometimes the simplest things are the best
Make and share this Easy Simple Sweet Potatoes or Yams recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub sweet potatoes clean under running water.
- Poke holes ( all over) in the potatoes with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees f for about 1 hour or until they are soft ( place potatoes directly on rack withour wrapping n foil).
- Put butter in dish on table.
- Put brown sugar in dish on table.
- Score the sweet potatoes down the middle.
- Serve to everone and have each person put butter and brown sugar ( to liking ) on the potato.
Nice and simple -- great way to make a simple baked sweet potato. Thanks for sharing!
I make sweet potatoes a lot, but typically in the microwave. This was a nice treat, because usually I only get to enjoy real baked sweet potatoes during the holidays or at restaurants. Nothing compares to real oven-baked potatoes, no matter what kind they are. Thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7
I love baked sweet potatoes. And nothing is better than butter and brown sugar on sweet potatoes. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 2011.