Recipe by Sue Steinmetz
Super quick - I used to make all sorts of marinade but have found that this works as well and is soooo fast and easy. We are always on the go so this works best for us.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash & Core tomatoes.
- Slice tomatoes to desired thickness. I usually do 1/4 - 1/2" thick.
- Place/layer tomatoes in a container (I use a rectangular Tupperware piece).
- Pour dressing over tomatoes and place in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- I use either Wishbone's Italian Robusto or Ken's Italian w/ aged Romano. Either 8 ounces or 16 ounces depending on amount of tomatoes.
- The longer they marinate, the better they taste, but if you leave for a few days, they start to get mushy (but still good).
- Make sure you use a good Italian dressing. I've made these with the cheaper dressings and although still good, a better dressing tastes better.
- Can be served alone or as a side to almost anything.