Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are easy, simple, fish sticks. Very good with Ritz crackers.
Make and share this Easy Simple Fish Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- 36.97 ml vegetable oil
- 591.47 ml ground crackers (I recommend Ritz, however, Panko can also be used if you are the fancy kind of person.)
- 9.85 ml sea salt
- 3 eggs (I recommend Eggland's Best)
- 907.18 g cod or 907.18 g halibut, frozen and boneless, cut into 3/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 whole lemon, cut in half, to squeeze on afterwards (optional)
- 4.92 ml Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- If fish is frozen, thaw.
- Heat Oven to 450°F Spread oil on baking sheet and put on a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground crackers and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Coat the fish with the crackers, dip in the eggs, recoat with the crackers, then place on a plate.
- Arrange the fish on the preheated pan and bale, turning once, until cooked through, about 15 minutes. You want it white and flaky and no longer translucent.
- Squeeze on lemon. (Optional).
- For a spicier mixture, add the Old Bay, red pepper, and cayenne pepper to the breading.