Mrab Ezreb's Note:
These are easy, simple, fish sticks. Very good with Ritz crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups ground crackers (I recommend Ritz, however, Panko can also be used if you are the fancy kind of person.)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 eggs (I recommend Eggland's Best)
- 2 lbs cod or 2 lbs halibut, frozen and boneless, cut into 3/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 whole lemon, cut in half, to squeeze on afterwards (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1If fish is frozen, thaw.
- 2Heat Oven to 450°F Spread oil on baking sheet and put on a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the ground crackers and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- 4Coat the fish with the crackers, dip in the eggs, recoat with the crackers, then place on a plate.
- 5Arrange the fish on the preheated pan and bale, turning once, until cooked through, about 15 minutes. You want it white and flaky and no longer translucent.
- 6Squeeze on lemon. (Optional).
- 7For a spicier mixture, add the Old Bay, red pepper, and cayenne pepper to the breading.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Simple Fish Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.9
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 1079.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 31.4 g