Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are easy, simple, fish sticks. Very good with Ritz crackers.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups ground crackers (I recommend Ritz, however, Panko can also be used if you are the fancy kind of person.)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 eggs (I recommend Eggland's Best)
- 2 lbs cod or 2 lbs halibut, frozen and boneless, cut into 3/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 whole lemon, cut in half, to squeeze on afterwards (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- If fish is frozen, thaw.
- Heat Oven to 450°F Spread oil on baking sheet and put on a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground crackers and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Coat the fish with the crackers, dip in the eggs, recoat with the crackers, then place on a plate.
- Arrange the fish on the preheated pan and bale, turning once, until cooked through, about 15 minutes. You want it white and flaky and no longer translucent.
- Squeeze on lemon. (Optional).
- For a spicier mixture, add the Old Bay, red pepper, and cayenne pepper to the breading.