Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is really a quick, easy, healthy lunch item that works in a pinch. It's very versatile, making it easy to throw in ingredients to suit your stock or mood and tailor it to your taste buds.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (optional)
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- red chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 4 -5 tortillas
- Mix all ingredients (except cheese) into a medium frying pan.
- Cook on high heat until bean liquid is almost completely reduced.
- Remove from heat, add cheese, wrap in tortillas and enjoy!
I just started cooking this year; and it's kind of hard to find good easy vegetarian recipes.. this one is my favorite so far. It is so simple and easy yet delicious. I make it without the seasoning salt.
I was a bit skeptical at first, but this turned out much better than I expected. My husband, who hates black beans, even loved it. Next time I might add some shredded chicken and rice.