Recipe by ItalianMomof2
This is an easy and delicious way to make Shrimp. You can either cook outside on the grill or in the broiler. The Oregano gives it a mediterranean flavor and I like to serve it with a Greek salad and grilled Asparagus. I normally use Jumbo or Colossal sized Shrimp, but found that most people prefer the large size. You can play around with spices, I have also used just Italian spices or plain old Lemon/Pepper. Enjoy!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, approx 20
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- black pepper
- bamboo skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Submerge Bamboo skewers in water and soak for at least one hour. (don't skip this step if your using wood skewers otherwise they will burn up on the grill and it will be a huge mess).
- Cut Lemons in half, lengthwise, and then cut into 1/4" slices. (they'll look like half circles).
- Place Shrimp on skewer alternating the sliced Lemons and Grape tomatoes between them until all skewers are full. I generally get 4-5 shrimp per skewer and try to leave 1" of skewer showing on both ends. With 1 lb of Large Shrimp I get about 6-8 skewers.
- Brush the shrimp, lemon and Tomato's with Olive oil and then sprinkle Oregano, Salt & Pepper on them. Flip over and do the same on other side, repeat until all skewers are done.
- Grill Instructions:.Brush Grill with Olive Oil and then place skewers on grill, cook 3-5 minutes per side and flip over. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Shrimp will turn a nice pink color and be firm to the touch. Try not to overcook, or they will be rubbery.
- Broiler Instructions: Brush Broiler pan with Olive Oil and place skewers on pan. Put under broiler for 3-5 minutes. Once the shrimp turn pink evenly, flip over and cook other side until that turns pink as well. As with the grill instructions your looking for an evenly pink shrimp that is firm to the touch.
- Serve and Enjoy!