Recipe by Shelley Lee
A quick and easy recipe using ingredients you probably have on hand. You can substitute "fresh" for any of the canned items and powdered spices. Mix and match fresh herbs/spices to your own taste.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, small-medium size,peeled, de-veined, tails removed
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp in a bowl.Combine all dry seasonings and add to shrimp. Stir until well coated.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet, add onions and peppers, saute until slightly tender. Remove to a deep baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms to skillet and saute over medium heat until all shrimp are pink. Add to peppers and onions in baking dish and stir.
- Add tomatoes and cream of mushroom soup to skillet, stirring to combine. Heat until bubbly. Pour into baking dish.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.