Recipe by John Alving
You will want lots of crusty bread to mop up the sauce on this one!
Top Review by Sunshynetoo
We love this! I don't have vermouth, so I just left it out. I steamed my shrimp to cut down the fat so that I could double the lemon sauce. Yummy! We have had it twice in the last week. This is a grerat fast supper after working all day. Grab crunchy bread and eat up!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined,if desired (21 to 25 per pound)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 12-inch skillet over high heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Add 1 pound shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until just opaque, about 1 minute; transfer to medium bowl.
- Return pan to heat and repeat process with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Return empty skillet to medium-low heat; melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Off heat, add lemon juice and vermouth.
- Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter; add parsley and cayenne, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return shrimp and accumulated juices to skillet.
- Toss to combine; serve immediately.