John Alving's Note:
You will want lots of crusty bread to mop up the sauce on this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined,if desired (21 to 25 per pound)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ground black pepper
- 1Heat 12-inch skillet over high heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- 3Add 1 pound shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until just opaque, about 1 minute; transfer to medium bowl.
- 4Return pan to heat and repeat process with remaining oil and shrimp.
- 5Return empty skillet to medium-low heat; melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- 6Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 7Off heat, add lemon juice and vermouth.
- 8Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter; add parsley and cayenne, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Return shrimp and accumulated juices to skillet.
- 10Toss to combine; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.4
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 368.5 mg
- Sodium 339.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 46.5 g