Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You will want lots of crusty bread to mop up the sauce on this one!
Make and share this Easy Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined,if desired (21 to 25 per pound)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ground black pepper
- Heat 12-inch skillet over high heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Add 1 pound shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until just opaque, about 1 minute; transfer to medium bowl.
- Return pan to heat and repeat process with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Return empty skillet to medium-low heat; melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Off heat, add lemon juice and vermouth.
- Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter; add parsley and cayenne, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return shrimp and accumulated juices to skillet.
- Toss to combine; serve immediately.