Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this up when I needed to use up some cooked shrimp. Simple and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shrimp, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup green onions or 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix together first 5 ingredients, and place into 9" pie plate.
- Blend together last 5 ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Pour over mixture in pie plate and bake for 35-40 minutes.
I used Bisquick and substituted mushrooms in place of the peas, and used FF half and half in place of the milk, as that is what I had in the fridge. Other than that made exactly the same. This will be repeated time and again at my house. We loved it. My DS gives it thumbs up, and he's really fussy, so I am really happy to have found something he really likes to add to our meal rotation! Great recipe!
Fabulous recipe, KelBel: very easy as you promised and very delicious! I used diced red peppers instead of frozen peas, and sneaked in some minced garlic, and I used low-fat cream cheese and low-fat milk (because I find that neither compromise any finished dish), but I otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I used canned shrimp. Next time I make this, I'm going to make it with canned salmon and add some dill. Thank you for creating and sharing what is a really versatile recipe.
Very good! I used 2 cans of small shrimp for this and also sauteed some onions and garlic, I used Bisquick for this, and added in some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, this is delicious and will make a great lunch for my DH, thanks Kel...Kitten:)