1 hr 13 mins
Chef 'Diva Divine's Note:
Gumbo made simple.....& good Can substitute 3C Chopped Chicken for shrimp
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced thin)
- 3 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ounces frozen okra (cut & thawed)
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes (undrained)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (peeled or deveined)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (optional)
- 1Heat Margarine in dutch oven medium heat.
- 2Cook onions, bell pepper, and garlic, stirring occassionally, until onions are softened.
- 3Stir in flour . Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients except shrimp, rice and parsley; break up tomatoes.
- 5Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- 6Stir shrimp into soup. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- 7Remove Bay Leaf , serve over rice and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shrimp Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Sodium 904.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: