Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Gumbo made simple.....& good Can substitute 3C Chopped Chicken for shrimp
- 2 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced thin)
- 3 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ounces frozen okra (cut & thawed)
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes (undrained)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (peeled or deveined)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Margarine in dutch oven medium heat.
- Cook onions, bell pepper, and garlic, stirring occassionally, until onions are softened.
- Stir in flour . Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except shrimp, rice and parsley; break up tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir shrimp into soup. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Remove Bay Leaf , serve over rice and sprinkle with parsley.