Recipe by Abby Girl
This was a recipe that I had adapted from Cooking Light. It took half an hour to get this from the freezer to the table. My DD is not terribly fond of ginger, but she did ask for a repeat on this one!!
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine (or sake)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, cut on the diagonal (green pea could be used instead)
- 3 -4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 lb shrimp, coarsely chopped (raw or cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add eggs; stir fry for 30 seconds or until soft scrambled.
- Add onions, ginger and snow peas. If using uncooked shrimp, add them to the skillet and cook until just before they start to look pink. Add rice and broth mixture; toss gently to coat.
- If using cooked shrimp, add them at the end and cook until just heated through. Depending on the amount of rice used, you might need to add a bit more chicken broth to give it a bit more moisture.