Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very tasty, quick, and simple.
- 2 cups chilled cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion (more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Pour olive oil in skillet over medium/high heat. Stir-fry shrimp until pink. Set aside when done.
- Melt butter in skillet, add yellow onion, sauté.
- Add green onion and soy sauce. Mix in rice and make sure its evenly coated.
- Stir in shrimp and fry until steamy hot (don't let it get mushy).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with chicken stir-fry or eat by itself.
I was craving chinese food so this worked well- I just made a few changes. I sauteed the onions in the olive oil and added about a cup of frozen mxed veggies. Sauteed that and added my white rice and about 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (more or less). Once that got a nice color I added the shrimp, tossed it all together and it was very good. This is a good starter recipe- add your own flair.
To much soy sauce I only used 1/4 and it was still a little bit to salty but other than that it was easy n fast.
I used the advice of previous users...and took it easy on the soy sauce. Also remember when cooking with butter, there is salt added, I omitted the butter as well and used olive oil. Great recipe, I'm satisfied!