I found this in a women's magazine. Very quick and super easy.
Make and share this Easy Shrimp Florentine and Penne Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until done.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute the shrimp in a pan with the olive oil and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, just until the shrimp turns white and pink through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Cook creamed spinach in microwave according to package directions or until hot throughout.
- Before draining pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta in colander and put the hot pasta in a large pasta serving dish. Pour the 1/2 cup water and spinach over the pasta and top with cooked shrimp.
- Toss so that sauce coats the pasta and serve.
This was super easy and went together really fast. After reading the other reviews, I decided to tweak things a little bit. I doubled the garlic and added 2 T. of Emeril's Essence while sauteing the shrimp. Otherwise, I made it exactly as written, serving it over whole wheat penne pasta. In lieu of the pasta water, I might use heavy cream next time to make it a little richer. I also served it with parmesan cheese sprinkled on, which I might add while cooking next time. This is definitely worth playing with, though. Thanks for posting this.
Thought it was kind of bland. Needed something.
Fantastic recipe! I halved the amount of creamed spinach and pasta but used the recommended amounts of everything else. I added a splash of milk and about a 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese to the creamed spinach mixture to make it richer. Great flavor and a definite regular in our house :)