Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a great recipe. It is easy and is so good! I get asked to make this for holiday parties. One tip - remember to take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving or it will break your crackers. You can use 2 cans of shrimp in place of the frozen salad shrimp.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces seafood cocktail sauce
- 16 ounces frozen salad shrimp, thawed, rinsed, drained
- On a 10"-12" serving plate spread cream cheese (I sometimes use a pizza pan) .
- Spread on cocktail sauce (you won't need the whole bottle).
- Place shrimp on top of sauce.
- Put them close together so shrimp covers sauce completely.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
This is my favorite appy. Very easy to make. I serve with triscuit crackers I found that they dont break apart when scooping the dip up.
This is a great recipe. I used canned shrimp and halved the recipe. I put little too much shrimp in it, but that is my fault. This has a nice bite to it from the cocktail sauce and the shrimp blends well with the creaminess of the cream cheese. This also works well with imitation krab
This appetizer shows up regularly at family gatherings and always gets devoured.