Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a great recipe. It is easy and is so good! I get asked to make this for holiday parties. One tip - remember to take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving or it will break your crackers. You can use 2 cans of shrimp in place of the frozen salad shrimp.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces seafood cocktail sauce
- 16 ounces frozen salad shrimp, thawed, rinsed, drained
- On a 10"-12" serving plate spread cream cheese (I sometimes use a pizza pan) .
- Spread on cocktail sauce (you won't need the whole bottle).
- Place shrimp on top of sauce.
- Put them close together so shrimp covers sauce completely.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
This is my favorite appy. Very easy to make. I serve with triscuit crackers I found that they dont break apart when scooping the dip up.
This appetizer shows up regularly at family gatherings and always gets devoured.
When I make this Christmas, I add parsley (dried or fresh cut very small with a kitchen shears on top of the cocktail sauce. The warning to take out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving is an important one.