- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- chopped green onion
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute shrimp for 3-5 minutes in 2 tablespoons of butter (more if needed) until pink.
- In another pan, saute peppers and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add tomatoes: bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice, cornbread, French bread, pasta, or cous cous.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.