Recipe by ladywisconsin
I couldn't quite find a recipe with what I had in mind, so after looking at a few different ones, I tried this. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It is rich, but such a treat!
Top Review by bmcnichol
After seeing A Good Things picture on the Fall PAC 2007 thread of this meal, I had to give it a try. I only had one can of crabmeat so used that plus two cans of shrimp. I also used old bay seasoning instead of the red pepper flakes. We liked it but I don't think it will be something I would make again.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked as directed
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby shrimp, undrained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 quart half-and-half
- red pepper flakes (to your taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is nearly translucent.
- Add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and salt/pepper.
- Add half and half, bring to boil.
- Mix corn starch with enouch water to dilute it, and pour into boiling sauce until you get desired consistency.
- Stir in crab and shrimp, cook another minute and take off of heat.
- Spoon over angel hair pasta and enjoy!