Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I couldn't quite find a recipe with what I had in mind, so after looking at a few different ones, I tried this. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It is rich, but such a treat!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked as directed
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby shrimp, undrained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 quart half-and-half
- red pepper flakes (to your taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is nearly translucent.
- Add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and salt/pepper.
- Add half and half, bring to boil.
- Mix corn starch with enouch water to dilute it, and pour into boiling sauce until you get desired consistency.
- Stir in crab and shrimp, cook another minute and take off of heat.
- Spoon over angel hair pasta and enjoy!
After seeing A Good Things picture on the Fall PAC 2007 thread of this meal, I had to give it a try. I only had one can of crabmeat so used that plus two cans of shrimp. I also used old bay seasoning instead of the red pepper flakes. We liked it but I don't think it will be something I would make again.
Just an awesome and easy recipe for all you shrimp, crab, and pasta lovers out there. We will be having this again, I'm sure. It was devoured in a hurry. (: Thanks for posting ladywisconsin...my PAC '07 baby.