Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy salad. So easy it really isn't a recipe. I make this for lunch often. If I could afford to eat shrimp everyday, I might eat this salad everyday. It is also South Beach Diet friendly.
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp (I use the pre-cooked kind)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups lettuce (I use red leaf)
- 1 cup of your favorite salad vegetables, I use celery, cauliflower and a few slices of red onion
- In a large bowl whisk together red wine vinegar , Dijon mustard and Splenda.
- Then continue to whisk while adding olive oil until dressing is thoroughly mixed.
- Add lettuce and vegetables of your choice. Toss to coat.
- Top with cooked shrimp and you're ready to eat.
Light, tasty and perfect for a hot weather meal. The dressing is perfect. It's just enough to add a great flavor without being too heavy. For the vegetables, I used diced red onion, green peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. Yum! Thanx for a good & easy salad.
This was really good and so so easy! I made 1 serving and used spinach instead of lettuce and for the veg I used 1/2 a carrot and 1/2 a cucumber (had both left over from another recipe). The dressing was really tasty; I only used 1/2 tsp sugar and added a little salt and pepper. Thanks for the recipe jennmarie!