4 hrs 20 mins
Easy recipe with a Latin flavor. Can be easily be kicked up if you want it to be a bit more spicy. Whole garlic cloves added, I think would be real tasty. I am sure this could be done in a crock pot as well. From Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub both sides of roast with fajita seasoning.
- 2Cook roast in hot oil in a large Dutch oven pot over med-high heat until browned on all sides.
- 3Combine stewed tomatoes and water; pour over roast in Dutch oven.
- 4Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 4 hours or until tender.
- 5Remove roast and shred using 2 forks.
- 6Skim fat from tomato liquid in Dutch oven, and discard.
- 7Stir shredded beef into tomato liquid. Combine rice and parsley.
- 8Serve beef mixture over rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shredded Beef over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 992.7
- Calories from Fat 576
- Total Fat 64.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 208.6 mg
- Sodium 711.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 59.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix