Ruthie Warren's Note:
I Love to mimic things I eat at restaurants. I got this one from a Mom and Pop Mexican restaurant. It's so yummy and so simple not any spices but salt and enchilada sauce. Red or Green sauce, either will do. Save 1/2 of the meat in freezer for a future dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the meat and the salt in a crock pot with lid, for approximately 4 to 5 hours on High, then put it on low for 1 hour. Meat should be falling apart. If you have a bone in the meat it should come off the bone, without a problem.
- 2Separate the meat with your fingers. Then toss it like you are tossing a salad kinda. Using your fingers to find thick pieces of meat you might of missed. Grind them in between your fingers separating each individual piece of meat. Get all of the fat out of the meat.
- 3Heat up the flour tortillas in microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- 4Roll approximately 1/2 cup meat and sprinkle with cheese in each tortilla lining them up vertically in a 9x13 baking pan.
- 5When you have all your tortillas you want rolled. Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the pan of wrapped tortillas.
- 6Sprinkle the extra cheese over the top.
- 7Bake at 375°F until sauce is bubbling.
- 8Let sit out side the oven for approx 5 minutes.
- 9Put remaining ingredients in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shredded Beef or Pork Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.9
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 208.0 mg
- Sodium 1678.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 76.8 g