Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I Love to mimic things I eat at restaurants. I got this one from a Mom and Pop Mexican restaurant. It's so yummy and so simple not any spices but salt and enchilada sauce. Red or Green sauce, either will do. Save 1/2 of the meat in freezer for a future dinner.
- Put the meat and the salt in a crock pot with lid, for approximately 4 to 5 hours on High, then put it on low for 1 hour. Meat should be falling apart. If you have a bone in the meat it should come off the bone, without a problem.
- Separate the meat with your fingers. Then toss it like you are tossing a salad kinda. Using your fingers to find thick pieces of meat you might of missed. Grind them in between your fingers separating each individual piece of meat. Get all of the fat out of the meat.
- Heat up the flour tortillas in microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Roll approximately 1/2 cup meat and sprinkle with cheese in each tortilla lining them up vertically in a 9x13 baking pan.
- When you have all your tortillas you want rolled. Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the pan of wrapped tortillas.
- Sprinkle the extra cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375°F until sauce is bubbling.
- Let sit out side the oven for approx 5 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients in freezer for up to 2 weeks.