Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for a quick and different way to use the leftover shredded beef cooked in a crock pot the day before. I came up with this recipe which is quick and easy without having to roll each tortilla individually . My husband doesn't like corn tortillas or red sauce so I used green sauce and flour tortillas and layered them in a 8 1/2 inch casserole dish that fit the torrillas perfectly. I knew it was a hit when he went back for a second and third helping! It also tastes great left over the next day. You could also make it with shredded chicken. (Cooking the beef is not included in prep time)
- 2 cups shredded beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or other cheese of your choice)
- 5 (8 1/2 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- In large frying pan or sauce pan, combine shredded beef, diced green chiles, half of the green enchilada sauce and full can of mushroom soup.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through
- Pour about 2 Tablespoons of remaining enchilada sauce in bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place 1 tortilla in casserole and cover with prepared sauce from pan.
- Sprinkle small layer of cheese over sauce.
- Place another tortilla over sauce and continue layering until last tortilla is on top.
- Pour remaining sauce over complete casserole and cover the top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree for about 30 minutes or until nice an bubbly .
- Let sit about 10 minutes to allow to set before serving.
- Top with sour cream if desired.