Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Kickin Carb Clutter. For Memorial Day, I made a double recipe so there would be enough food for two days. We used onions, bell peppers, fresh pineapple chunks, Italian sausage chunks (both sweet and hot), and whole fresh mushrooms. Other possible additions might be zucchini chunks, slightly steamed carrot pieces, radishes, olives, apple slices, cucumber slices, shrimp wrapped in bacon, etc. On Memorial day we barbecued them with low carb bbq sauce, but the sausage dried out and burned before the steak cubes were done, so the next day we took the leftovers and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. They were wonderful baked. Much better than bbq'd.
- 1 lb beef steak, cut into large cubes
- meat tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- A day ahead, cut the beef steaks into large cubes.
- Sprinkle heavily with meat tenderizer and stab with a fork.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, water, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper.
- Place meat cubes in a gallon sized baggie along with the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day thread onto skewers along with desired additions.